A dental emergency can be a scary event, but knowing that you have someone you can turn to can be comforting. We can help you stabilize your dental health and save your smile. Our Los Angeles dental emergency dentist offers compassionate, skilled emergency dental care and will be there when you need us.
Common symptoms of dental emergencies include:
• Toothache, which may be dull, sharp, aching, or throbbing
• Tooth pain, which may worsen when you bite down on the tooth or when you eat or drink something cold, hot, sweet, or sour
• Chipped tooth, which may feel sharp to your tongue or cheek
• Broken tooth, which may or may not hurt
• Gum pain, which may radiate
• Swelling anywhere in the gums or soft tissue
• A pimple on the gums especially near the root of the tooth
• Draining from the gums, which may have a bad taste or smell
Our expert in dental emergency in Los Angeles may need to evaluate you to determine the cause of these symptoms, which could include an abscess, an oral infection, a lost filling, a fractured tooth, dental trauma, or another issue.
If you have any symptoms of a dental emergency, seeking help as soon as possible is critical. Dental emergencies can worsen quickly, and infections can spread. Our expert in dental emergency in Los Angeles may need to perform a root canal therapy or other procedure to remove any infected tissue and protect the long-term health of the tooth and other oral structures.
The best way to reduce the risk of a dental emergency is through good dental habits. Proper dental hygiene is always best. Brush twice a day, and floss every day. Use fluoride mouthwash to keep dental enamel strong and healthy, or use an antimicrobial mouthwash to kill bacteria. Wear a mouthguard when participating in contact sports or potentially risky activities, and wear a night guard if you grind your teeth in your sleep. Do not bite or chew on anything that is not food, such as pencils or fingernails. Call us today to schedule your emergency appointment with our Los Angeles emergency dentist.